The Almaguin Highlands Airpark, formerly the South River-Sundridge District Airport was established during the 1930’s to support the growing number of commercial and private aircraft in the area and for occasional use by the Canadian Military for flight training and emergency use. The Airport is situated in the heart of the Almaguin Highlands tourist area approximately 250km North of Toronto. The Airport is currently considered to be a General Aviation (GA) facility with approximately 15 piston engine aircraft based at the site. Current infrastructure at the site includes two turf runways, aircraft tie-down areas, a terminal building, a maintenance facility, seaplane access to South River, and several small aircraft hangars. Scheduled air services for the general public are not currently provided at the Airport.